Sandblasting is a quick method used by commercial decorators to clean surfaces. This is done by propelling extremely small bits of materials into the surface. They used to use sand as the main material. However, there were a number of health issues that arose from using this method.
Today, alternative materials are used such as:
- Steel Grit
- Copper Slag
- Walnut Shells
- Various Powdered Abrasives
- Coconut Shell
This quick and easy method is very effective in the cleaning of surfaces or when prepping the surfaces for the application. It is becoming increasingly popular to clean larger objects; such as ships; bridges and massive structures.
However, there are a number of uses for sandblasting around your office or industrial space:
- Stripping Vehicle Parts. Sandblasting can effectively strip paint; grime and rust off of motorbikes and car components to prepare them for repainting or restoration. This prep method is gentle enough to remove the paint from your vehicle. This is also done without damaging the metal underneath the vehicle.
- Cleaning Machinery. Commercial machinery often builds up a large amount of oil; grease and dirt over a period of use. However, sandblasting can be used to remove the built-up grime and prevent wear and tear on your machines.
- Removing Rust. Unfortunately, rust can appear on virtually everything. Therefore, it can ruin the look and workings of your machine; vehicles and tools. Sandblasting can be used to remove the rust from steel; iron and alloy surfaces. This is completed to prevent further corrosion and damage.
- Preparing Furniture. Abrasive blasting can be used on all types of painted metal furniture; particularly garden furniture. Moreover, it can be used to remove old paint; rust and contamination so that you can apply a new coat. Even some delicate surfaces such as wood can be cleaned with softer abrasives like walnut shells.
Are you interested in Markwell Peck’s sandblasting services?
With 15 years of experience in the industry; our team is able to completely renew your office space. We have all of the decorating services and we are able to adapt to your specific needs.
So, for more information about our sandblasting services in London; call us on 01279 419200 or email us on email@example.com.